Monday July 28th Cambridge, Wisconsin to Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Today was to be our final morning near Madison. It was sad to see it go, but the adventure must continue. We were headed to a water park hotel in Sheboygan with Aunt Marg and Cousin Jonathan. It was to be a fantastic send-off from a month in Wisconsin.
We started the day out right with Wisconsin Milk and Reese's Puffs Cereal. I was skeptical, but these things are actually quite tasty by the handful. Not sure about how they are in milk.
Thanks Grandma Bonnie for all of the sweets!
Similar to other departure mornings, I began documenting the house. Grandma Bonnie (Kurt's Mom) has a treasure trove of unusual American antiques.
Come take a look at her spectacular collections:
Sponge Bob is on the tele again. Just look at the view behind.
Here's the pond. We see lots of animals throughout the day.
Restored windmill is very cool. This is the view from the back deck.
Ok, enough pictures. We got on our way to Sheboygan.
The fried and dried okra found its way out as a snack.
Along the way, we took in the sights at Watertown.
This church seem to take my eye several times.
Rory and I laughed and laughed about the 7th shake being free. Who orders 7 shakes, but a Wisconsonite?
Side view of the church.
Melton's Dairy Bar and Eatery.
Watertown Daily Times.
Wilkommen in Watertown Mural.
Church.
Another church.
Zwieg's looks interesting. I like urban clocks. This one doesn't seem to work.
Good price? $5/dozen. We have cream puffs.
I like the historic look of this town.
World Famous Malts and Ice Cream Cakes. Seeing this now, I wished I'd stopped to take a look. Next time.
Watertower in Watertown.
Final image of the first church. It's so tall.
Since we're meeting Margaret, I thought it was neat that we found a street with her name on it. Ha - and there's a Church Street. Funny.
Marg was treating us royally at the Blue Harbor Resort. It was so much fun that I failed to take any pictures. The waterslide park and the beautiful resort, on Lake Michigan were amazing.
Here we are at the end of the trip. You like this photo...
Or this one?....
Here's a few images of our fun from the world wide web, below. This place is huge. We had two floors for our room. We had a fireplace. We brought our own spa materials for clay facials and oil treatments and salt baths. We played cribbage. We walked along the shore. We waterparked PM and AM.
We sat and watched the water. We dined breakfast on the terrace. What a treat, what a treat. Thank you Marg and Jonathan for an incredible final night in Wisconsin. We loved the send-off.
Tuesday July 29th Goodbye Wisconsin. Hello Illinois.
Rory and I were back in the car headed to Chicago suburb and Aunt Kalli's house.
Smiling Rory is always nice. Rory's helping with the navigation today in a major way, so he's in the front seat.
Bucky Badger is with us for good luck. We will remember our Wisconsin July fondly. Thank you all to who contributed to the fun.
Entry into Illinois bring toll roads. Bring out the change purse.
Amazingly the Google directions brought us right to Lake Barrington. We were very lucky, as it's so easy to get lost here in this part of Illinois.
Here we see cousin Reese with Rory, enjoying a moment.
Kalli, Tyler and A.J. are here too, but I failed to take pictures. The Brahmstadts have a beautiful home and land here complete with a swimming hole and a three-season's room overlooking it all. Another paradise. We should have planned more time here.
I did get a picture of the UW pasta however. See the W? In red and white.
Reese's fish. Finn follows your finger as you trace the tank. Finn seems to pose for the photos.
And that's all she wrote. We were in bed early, preparing for a long traffic filled car ride to Midway Airport to pick up Mom in the AM. I can't wait to tell the tale.
See you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment