Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21 Monday Musing: Where is Cassville?

Where is Cassville

The red dot on the map of Wisconsin indicates Cassville's location. We're just at the border of Iowa, separated only by water - the Great Mississippi River. 




Here you can see many of the small towns we've traveled through and to (Potosi, Tennyson, Dickeyville - Lancaster is North of this map). Since changing our route to include Tennessee, we won't be taking the Iowa route to Kansas. This made us sad, as we'd like to visit as many states as possible. With the River border right here, and lots of fisherfolks on boats, I'd thought I'd have us hitch a ride to the other side to add Iowa. I can see the trees of Iowa from the living room at Jon & Jenn's as I type. There is a car ferry at Cassville, but the Iowa dock is flooded. However, today it looks like we might travel to Dubuque, Iowa and cross the Mississippi for a bit of fun. We'll see. Have any of you been here? The bluffs are incredible. 

1 comment:

  1. Your writing is great. I could almost see that view!

    ReplyDelete